Ali’s Kitchen Renovation
Seeking a fresh colour change in addition to sorting out a few issues with the kitchen.
- Client: Ali
- Location: Unley
- Project Type: Kitchen Renovation
About this Project
The previous homeowners had numerous cabinet makers do all kinds of modifications. In addition to installing an island bench and matched the paint to the kitchen beside the microwave box which they just left in white laminate. All the end panels protruded from the doors by about 15mm, which was rather odd.
The cabinet maker at one point also modified the base cupboards and instead of matching the shaker profile, they were replaced with standard flat panels.
Our High-Quality Work
After inspecting the kitchen, we were happy to help Ali and we did the following:
- Replace the few flat panel drawers with new shakers to match the rest of the kitchen.
- Paint the island in Dulux Oolong satin (great choice by the customer by the way 😀) including painting the laminated micro box.
- Cut down all the protruding end panels to make them flush with the doors.
- The customer wanted a new 900-wide oven installed. We removed the old oven from the oven tower and made a new cabinet to house appliances like a toaster and coffee machine. We then modified the base cupboard to fit in the new 900-wide oven in addition to putting some new shaker drawers on the side.
- We organised a tiler to remove old tiles and install a new tiled splashback.
- Respray the whole kitchen in Dulux Lexicon 1/4 satin and Dulux Oolong Satin.
- Co-ordinated all trades.
Ali was very impressed by the outcome and by the fact that we also handled the other work. Thanks again, Ali! We enjoyed working on this project. Check out the result in the after photo.
When Ali saw the final result, she left us the following 5-star review:
“Thanks, Brad and the team at DB Finishing for my ‘new’ kitchen – feels like new at a fraction of the price 🙂 I love the end result. Such quality workmanship and you went the extra mile, coordinating all the trades, removing the old oven, etc. Very happy to recommend DB Finishing if your kitchen needs a makeover – a professional and pleasant business to work with. They come and remove the doors, drawer fronts etc and take them away to respray – I didn’t even have to empty all the cupboards or drawers so it was a pretty easy process. Thanks, Brad and team 👍”
Ali's Kitchen Renovation
Wanted a fresh colour change. In addition, there were a few issues with the kitchen.